New Computer

Teletubby

Solid State Member
I'm new here (Don't ask about the name lol) Anyway Im going to be buying a new computer soon and I was wondering if I should take into consideration any new hardware choices coming out soon. For example...If Intel was going to put out a new 'Pentium 5' or something, or if Microsoft was going to make a new operationg system or something...along those lines, I would really like to know. I don't really follow too much tech news (Im 16 and go to school). The main reason I'm asking this is because I am planning to purchase a pretty good computer to run 3d studio max, Flash mx, and a host of other multimedia creation software. Im looking at computers at aroung this type:
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10062352&catid= It has plenty of power, ram, great Vid card and stuff. I would appreciate any advice on what to look out for when buying, and also computers or computer hardware etc.. that I shouldn't buy or should buy. Also info concerning upcoming new hardware or Operating Systems that might replace or be better than current ones, Or that you would recommend would be great. Thanx!!! :)

windows vista is slated to be released soon. It will be horribly expensive though, so 64 bit xp pro is the right way to go IMHO. That rig doesn't look bad, however everything I have read has said that AMD's X2 cpu's spank the Intel dual core chips. I am not trying to start an Intel Vs AMD flamewar, just stating the benchmarks I have seen.

OMG, you better wait. A lot of new stuff's coming out like later this year. New dual core processors, new sockets, new RAM, new video card, new Windows Vista Ultimate Edition, etc. Mostly AMD is coming out with a slew of stuff.

If you need a system now, that link gives you a pretty good PC. If you plan on using StudioMax heavily along with other heavy duty software, get 2GB RAM and better video card.

Thanks soo much for the advice dudes. I will seriously consider what you said. Thanks again! :)

pinky4life623 said:
that computer is a piece it only has 800mhz of fsb

I dont know what FSB is lol sorry...I know a lot about software, just not a lot about hardware details.

Back
Top Bottom