Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-10-2006, 08:13 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default New comp installation problem

Hey guys, I posted this earlier in the OS forum but I have not had a reply yet.

I just put together a new system. I turned it on and checked out the bios. Everything is working fine, all items are set to AUTO in bios. I popped the windows xp cd in and it began the setup. I then reformatted my HD to NFTS and it rebooted to begin the windows xp set up process.

It started installing and it restarted without displaying an error code. I caught it as odd but it started back up and began installing again. It went a bit further this time and restarted with an error log that had DLL errors and windows xp signature error.

It again restarted and went even further and let me put in my cd key and time settings and it restarted again. The same thing happened again. I shut it completely down but now it immediately restarts after the windows logo screen where it leads in to the xp setup restart. It gives different errors codes that I can somewhat catch because they go away very quickly. The one I know i've seen is, Insufficient system resources.

What's going on? Bios works and displays my memory. Look at my 1) signature for my comp specs if your wondering about them.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: New comp installation problem

try loading with the bare minimum (proc, hdd, cd/dvd drive, and one stick of ram (assuming u have more than one right now) if this doesn't work try swapping ram. Otherwise i think it could be a bad install CD

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:40 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to pctechmike Send a message via MSN to pctechmike

Also, try resetting BIOS to defaults. If it weren't for the insuffecient resources, I would say it's a bad CD as well, or worse, a bad CD ROM drive/cable/controller. With the resources error, it seems something is not communicating correctly with the BIOS. Check your BIOS version, and look at the manufacture Website for any possible updates.
pctechmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:01 AM   #4
Baseband Member

I think it has to do with the OEM windows software. bios detects all of my components fine and when I boot from cd it loads all the initial items fine. From what I understand there is a boot disk for windows OEM software that you have to load the DLLs and kernels from prior to the actual windows oem CD.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:17 AM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enix82
I think it has to do with the OEM windows software. bios detects all of my components fine and when I boot from cd it loads all the initial items fine. From what I understand there is a boot disk for windows OEM software that you have to load the DLLs and kernels from prior to the actual windows oem CD.
Ive never heard of something like that
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #6
Baseband Member

Well,I'm gonna flash the bios. If that doesnt work, I'm gonna play with the mem dimms.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #7
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Check ya other post

Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote