New Build Won't Display anything....:(

mvpo.geo

Baseband Member
Please help me out, this is my first time building a computer and for it not to display a thing is very very disappointing.

DVD Drive - Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 8X DVD-R DL 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM IDE Burner with LightScribe Technology - Retail

Case - Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Harddrive - Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

MotherBoard - Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Video Card - Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N550 -T2 GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

PSU - Newegg.com - XClio 450BL ATX 450W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB - Retail

RAM - Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Cooler and Heatsink - Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING ALPINE64 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

AMD Processor - Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - OEM

Thats my parts.

Anyway when I go to turn it on, all the fans will power on and work, the DVD Drive lights up and works but NOTHING is displayed on the monitor. Its giving no signal whatsoever on the monitor. I tried taking out the video card and reseating it or whatever like 5-6 times now. I have also tried taking out the ram and only putting one stick in and all that. Nothign is working, Im just really drained and upset right now thought my new PC would be working in no time.

try another video card if that doesnt work then its your mobo...if it does thats your video card u need to replace...

RMA that shit :D

Ok, I don't have another one to try so.......................only one I have other is a AGP and this doesn't have a AGP slot.

does the motherboard have onboard video? if so, skip the graphics card for now, and just try out the computer with the onboard graphics. if that works ok, it's definately the graphics card.

The mobo doesn't have integrated graphics as specified in the link above, are the fans on your videocard turning? or is the whole thing dead?

does the light on the monitor turn from orange to green, try testing the monitor on a diff. comp and did u put the bios battery in idk if it makes a difference but one of my comps dont have a bios battery and it works fine

hmm.... interesting

do u hear the *beep* sound of your BIOS? Of course, you must have the internal speaker connected in the 1st place to hear that. But one of the starting points for me to diagnose the problem is to see if my BIOS loads up properly. If i don't hear the beep sound, i suspect something wrong with the BIOS bootup and thus the mobo.

Think it has been suggested also that u try connecting your monitor to another comp to test it. Did u try it out when u first bought it? Don't suppose you have another monitor to test your new rig with? If you do, connect that baby up and see if there is anything.

Also, you can try letting the system run and you can try hearing if the HDD & Drive spins when you load in your windows CD. That can also give u a hint that the system is working but your graphics is not.

Guess those are my best suggestions to you right now, hope u get it fixed dude. Understand the frustration when all your eager anticipation comes to nothing.... :(

Ok, the fan on the graphics card works. All fans work. The monitor has been tested with another computer, it works perfectly.

It has a battery in the Mobo already.

I'm pretty sure I have the speaker hooked up right but not 100%. Anyway, I hear no beeping sounds what so ever. I'm gonna go try putting my Vista disc in and see if I can hear the HDD or DVD drive actually doing anything. The DVD drive opens and lights flash, so i'm pretty sure thats fine.

Also yes this sucks, I was so pumped about building my first computer and this happens. :( it really is disappointing, frustrating, and everythign else.

Okay it sounds as if the HDD and the DVD Rom Drive are working properly after inserting a Windows Vista Ultimate disc I heard both the disc spinning and the Harddrive moving also. I'm guessing this would eliminate a problem with the Processor, HDD and DVD Drive.

Leaving the Motherboard and Graphics card as the only two that it can be correct?

Anymore suggestions? I tried hooking 2 monitors up to both places to hook it up on the graphics card and neither had a signal as expected but I thought I try something different.

the best thing would be to try and get your hands on a different vid card. Borrow one from a friend or something.
I'm guessing it's the mobo, but better make sure it's not the vid card before you send the mobo back.

Back
Top Bottom