New build, unknown problem

Depofencer

Beta member
I got all my new parts to make a new desk top (been using school given laptop for the last year or so)

After reading through all the manuals, I assembled and attached all the cables and turned on the main power from the puss and then pressed the power button and nothing happened. After closer inspection I found the LED one the mobo was blinking and a quite, and for lack of a better word, clicking sound was coming from the psu.

After this I spoke with some of my more experienced computer building friends and they suggested a few things.

first I took the mobo out of the case and had just the CPU and one stick of RAM and plugged in the power to see if it worked right and jumped the start pins(make sure it wasn't the case), so far I still got the same problem.

I made sure the cpu was sitting right and every thing was in completely (both the 24 pin connector and the extra 8 pin connector)

tonight i am getting a multimeter to test the psu as well

So does anyone have any other suggestions what to try or what part could be broken?(i figure its the mobo or the psu but i really have no idea)

my specs are:
Mobo: ASUS P5N32-E
CPU: INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6750 CPU COR
PSU: ANTEC 650W TRIO ATX12V SLI PSU
Case: ANTEC NINE HUNDRED ATX CASE.
RAM: CORSAIR 2GB DDR2-800 XMS2 KIT
Video card: BFGTECH GF 8800GTS 640MB PCI-E
Hd: WD 500GB SATA2 HARD DRIVE.
Optical drive: SONYBULK SONY 18X DVD+RW DRIVE

From the sounds of it, the PSU sounds to blame.

Its sending multiple charges to the motherboard a second, causing the LED to flash repeatadly.

I wouldn't turn it on, until you change it.

Yeah, it's probably a bad psu, which means you got unlucky since Antec's PSUs are usually pretty decent, you probably just got a bad batch.

i had that problem once
most likely a psu
if u got a spare throw that in and see if it boots

Back
Top Bottom