New Build Tips

mojorader

Baseband Member
Its my first time building my own computer and i think i know what im doing but i know i don't. I've looked at several forums and came up with this. its a bit of a budget model but i feel like it will get the job done correct me if im wrong.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q4900 Processor
MOBO: GIGABYTE LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
RAM: Corsair TWINX 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB)
Vid Card: Visiontek Radeon HD 3650 OC Video Card - 1GB GDDR2
Case: CoolerMaster CM690 ATX Mid-Tower Case
HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS Hard Drive - 500GB

I have a few questions about the items if anyone wouldn't mind answering any or all of them.

1. I wanted to make sure all these parts would work together well
2. This is for gaming and im willing to spend a few bucks if the difference is worth it and with that in mind what would you change?
3. Is the motherboard good or do you have a better idea
4. what kind of power supply should i get
5. is this video card enough

I know i have a lot of questions but any help would be amazing. I don't know anyone that knows anything i don't.

thank you

1. yeah they will all work together
2. Depends on the games you play and what your monitor's resolution is
3. Gigabyte makes quality boards
4. It depends on if you overclock and if you plan on running SLI/Crossfire with your graphics cards in the future
5. Again it depends on the games you play and the native resolution of your monitor

If you are in the US and have access to newegg there is a REALLY good deal I just got in an email for a budget deal. It comes to $139.97 after Mail in rebates.:D But im not sure how long it lasts for It may be only today but if you are interested i could forward you the email just let me know. It is pretty close to everything but its a dual core processor instead of the quad so it wont be "as" powerful but close to that and for a price for A cpu, mobo, ram, and GPU for less than just your CPU.

ComboDeal.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Ya if you could forward me the email to mojorader@gmail.com that would be great! I plan on expanding the computer in the future and I'm going to be playing online games like CoD and BF2. I'm thinking a 500w power supply would work for me and I just wanted to make sure the motherboard won't "bottle neck" my speed.

Well I just looked on NewEgg and you don't need the email to get the combo it was just advertised on the email...:D CLICK HERE this is the page with all the combos related to that CPU. You can do your research on this deal and see if it is something your interested in. The good thing about that board is an AM2/AM2+ socket so you can upgrade your CPU to the newer Phenom II series later on and also I believe some of the AM3 are even be supported. So this board will be upgradable in the future. The only stipulation is that it only supports up to 95W processors so the Big Boys wont work on it. (Phenom II 920, 940, 945, 955) But the Phenom II x3 processors are supported which are just as good and have great price to performance ratio.

You can atleast take a look at em and ask any other questions you may have and we will be happy to help you any further...:D:D

Back
Top Bottom