New build suggestions on a budget

pitbull30

Baseband Member
I received some gift cards to TigerDirect.com. I would like to build a PC with them. Unless of course its not worth it given my current PC specs. I have about 250 for tigerdirect, but I am willing to put some of my own money of course.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: In 1-2 months

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Home, Business, Downloading, Surfing, pictures, movie editing, also dont want that "graphix not supported error anymore"...

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Hard Drive, CD/DVD Drive. Keyboard & Mouse.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: TigerDirect........ for most big items if possible.

PARTS PREFERENCES: None. I want your feedback. I want a fast machine on a budget.

OVERCLOCKING: Not sure....

MONITOR RESOLUTION:I have a 26 inch 1080i HDTV monitor.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:Looking to build a PC that is fast, efficient and a good deal. My current PC is a HP/Compaq D530C 3.0 GHZ with 2.5 Gb Of ram. Windows Xp

I hate to break it to you, but it won't you do any good to select parts right now if you're only buying it a month or too from now. Prices for things like computer parts change too often and they always have deals going on. It's best to settle on the equipment the week you plan to purchase it.

this is true, but you can always suggest stuff for him (ie case, motherboard, memory, processor, etc)

what exactly is your budget?

And we could just suggest basic parts. Nothing specific. I.E. 250GB HDD, 2GB RAM, 9800GT, AMD Processor.

Also, please let us know if your CD drive and HDD are both IDE interface. If they are you only have ONE motherboard option (from TigerDirect) unless you plan to buy a new HDD or CD drive.

Rooster listed some very nice things. All budget except the video card, but that would make an nice budget gaming rig.

Back
Top Bottom