New build. No signal to monitor. Constant rapid beeps from mobo speaker

frldyz

In Runtime
Hi everyone.

Been few months since I've been on the forum.
Last weekend I started to put together another PC.
Nothing special. Not a gaming PC. Mostly a PC for offline storage, pics, videos etc....

Specs.

AMD A6 7400
Gigabyte F2A68HM-H ( mobo )
Samsung pro 500gb SSD.
G.Skill Ares RAM 8gb ( 2 x 4gb RAM sticks )
Seasonix 520W PSU
LG Blu Ray M disc optical drive.
Thermaltake 6 fan controller.
USB 3.0 card reader ( to connect my front USB 3.0 ports.
Lepa water cooling unit.
** No GPU

**** I do not have a cooler on top of the CPU right now. I do not because I didn't want to go thru the P.IT.A of having to disconnect at take out in the event this would happen.
**** When I tested my computer it has never been powered on more then 15 secs.

I made the mistake of putting it all together inside the case ( except the water cooler ). Turned it on and nothing.
1) All fan in case did light up and spin.
2) The additional fan controller I added to the front panel lights up and is functional
3) Red LED light on the USB 3.0 card reader ( attached to mobo via PCI-E slot ) lights up.
4) And on the front panel of the case is an blue LED light that lights up when the power button on top of case is depressed.

But monitor will not get a signal to turn on. Using VGA from the mobo
** The monitor does works because I tested it on other computers.

-------------------------
Last night I disconnected everything and took out of case to do a build outside of case and re test.

Mobo. 24 pin pSU cable connected to mobo. 4 pin connection to mobo ATX-V12 header. RAM inserted. CPU in. I also added an external speaker to the mobo to listen for beeps.
**** I do not have a cooler on top of the CPU right now. I do not because I didn't want to go thru the P.IT.A of having to disconnect at take out in the event this would happen.
**** When I tested my computer it has never been powered on more then 15 secs.

Same as above. fans turned on and spun. But my speaker beeped constantly and rapidly with no pauses. Nothing to monitor.

I did some google searching for beeps. From what I got out of it is a RAM issue. But I got confused because differant mobos had different codes for different beeps.

I tried 1 RAM stick.
I tried swapping the 2 RAMs in each other slots.
I tried 2 RAM sticks from a different computer ( that I know works ).
I tried 1 RAM stick of the above.
I tried the 2 new RAM sticks in each others slots.

All same thing. Constant rapid beep.
__________________________________--
____________________________________-------

Anyone out there that has some suggestion or can help me?

Is this a new mobo, new cpu? If either are new and unknown, either one of them could be causing the problem. Have you checked for bent pins under the cpu?

You need to find you motherboards' manual. Every beep code is different, so searching for something other than your motherboard makes no sense.

Just to be clear, when you say that you have no cooler you mean you didn't install the water cooler, but you are using the stock cooler, right?

Is this a new mobo, new cpu? If either are new and unknown, either one of them could be causing the problem. Have you checked for bent pins under the cpu?

new cpu -yes
new mobo yes
. checked pins on cpu. all perfect

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 AM ----------

You need to find you motherboards' manual. Every beep code is different, so searching for something other than your motherboard makes no sense.

Just to be clear, when you say that you have no cooler you mean you didn't install the water cooler, but you are using the stock cooler, right?

no cooler
no water cooler
or stock air coolerbaked
onlu turning oncomputer long enough to see if monitor turns on
12 secs max

no cooler
no water cooler
or stock air coolerbaked
onlu turning oncomputer long enough to see if monitor turns on
12 secs max

You can't run your computer without a cooler. It would overheat really fast. Did you check the beep codes?

I'm going to have to try and find Manuel tonight and check for beep codes.

It's on cL start fast beep code .

I guess I'll have to put in the water cooler tonight and test it

Modern systems have built-in thermal shutdown support to prevent destroying the cpu from running it without a heatsink. You should be able to use a standard stock heatsink for testing. Water cooling generally isn't needed unless overclocking.

Well I hooked up water cooler.

Turned on.

Constant non stop fast beep still!!!!

I'm running out of ideas.

I will clear the cmos sometime tonight and try again.

(****** trying to keep an eye on our infant and toddler.......... )

The mobo. is getting power right?

The LED light in the water pump turns on.

The 3 pin fan from water pump is connected to the 4 pin CPU FAN header

And the 2 3 pin fans on the rad. are connected to the sys fan 1 ( 4 pin ) and sys fan 2 ( 4 pin ) on the mobo.

The fans light up and spin.

I did pull out the CPU. All pins look straight.

Replaced with 0 insertion.

Back
Top Bottom