New build NO POST NO BEEPS>>>NOTHING

ok guys i just got a new Antec 500w power supply 24 pin and still same problem.I tried to load the drivers for the card and it wont let me do that either.im lost.

have ya disabled the onboard graphics in BIOS and set your primary display adapter to pci-e

Ok guys back again sorry but it took me a few days to get around to responding.The thing actually finally booted after loosening the screw that holds pci card in place not removing it just loosening.Then it works fine for a few days but then i notice my usb devices are acting funny and sometimes working and sometimes not.Then on wednesday evening about 45 min before my sim race online all usb devices stop working(including steering wheel) and nothing i do will fix.I would shut it down and power back up and it would just set there like before then about 30 seconds later you would here the harddrives start spinning and it would boot up again but every usb device i pluuged in would give a "usb device not recognized" or go to BSOD with a machine check exception message.So i call asus have them next day air me a board and when it gets here i put it on a mat on my desk put all cords to it and exact same thing.Took forever to get it to boot up and then no usb's.BY the way this is with a new 550watt antec 24pin PS,please guys any more ideas ill be on my 4th board real soon.
IS THERE ANYONE RUNNING THIS BOARD WITH A GEFORCE 7600GT PCI-E

p.s. raffaz thanks i couldnt find it till you told me that but ut gives a sequence only not really a disable,but i think we have a completely diff prob.
Thanks Jason

Just wondering, have you purchased new RAM to go with that? Try removing ya RAM and see if it boots straight away (ya should get error beeps) Then try 1 stick at a time (if you have more than 1 stick) coz that could be faulty.

but could the ram work fine on the computer im on right now and not work on the new one?Im running pc3200 corsair platinum series XMS 2x512 and its currently in my asus a7n8x deluxe and its been running smooth for 3 years.All components have been running in this machine except board,proc,pci-e card.

Thanks JB

budracer1 said:
but could the ram work fine on the computer im on right now and not work on the new one?Im running pc3200 corsair platinum series XMS 2x512 and its currently in my asus a7n8x deluxe and its been running smooth for 3 years.All components have been running in this machine except board,proc,pci-e card.

Thanks JB

Anything is possible, doesnt hurt to give it a try.

that card needs the extra power frm the slot; there should be a 4-pin molex male connection on your board by the pci-x16. plug a spare molex connector into it, and it should work. (I have that card... I know what I am talking about)

Back
Top Bottom