New Build No Post

have you made sure that the video selected in the bios is pci-e instead of pci...? have you cleared the cmos or tried setting the memory voltages manually...?

He isn't getting anything on screen, so changing bios settings would be hard :p.
Clearing CMOS might be a good idea. Remove the onboard CR2032 battery for 5 mins and put it back in and attempt to boot.

hey man, just putting my 2 cents in.
i JUST upgraded my computer, got a new mobo but used the old pentium dual core processor and ram (that came with it). it didnt post at first - but the motherboard was powered up, fans ran etc etc - no beeps here either.

so - i returned the mobo, bought another model - the same shiz. i went back to fry's where i talked to a guy in the repair department who said that if something doesn't post on screen (but the monitor is working), it is not usually the gpu - but its an issue with the RAM or the cpu compatibility. IF your mobo supports your cpu - and other posts say that it does, i would try newer ram - i know you said you tried. in my case i have 2 sticks of 512 that came with my dell, and 2 new sticks. It posted just fine as soon as i removed the old sticks (those came with the original dell).

have you tried putting in newer ram sticks or something? if you have, and this is helpless i am sorry man, good luck with the upgrade.

EDIT: lol.... just read your name, replace all "man" in the post with "girl"

thanks for the replies guys. never got the thing to work, but we called the place computer plus where it was bought and they said they would do an exchange. Now the is the crazy part, gave the motherboard to my friend she takes it in there, they said ok we have to go in the back and test it. They come back out and tell her sorry the pins in the cpu connector are bent!!!! I couldnt believe that!!!! So of course she thinks i bent them when i was putting it together. So they didnt exchange it, now ive got to replace the thing. And I was was doing this build for them for free now im out $100!!! I just cont get over it. I know for a fact those pins were not bent when they left here.

Just request a return from where you bought it if it is still under a month new

Back
Top Bottom