I'm building my first computer. I have a SATA connected hard drive and I'm having problems installing vista ultimate, as it will not recognize my hard drive.
If I go to "Load Drivers" from this screen and go to browse, C:\ is an option. However if I select it, it says it is not formatted and gives me the option to format it. If I click format, I get an error message.
Is this just a problem in the BIOS, or do I need a driver, or what?
Thank you for any help.
- GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
- AMD Phenom II X4 920 2.8GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor
- CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power
- OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
- GIGABYTE GV-R487D5-1GD Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
- PLEXTOR 20X DVD Super Multi Qflix Drive Black SATA Model PX-806SA SW
- NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case