**New Build Guide**

Wow. I sure didn't take a very good look at that motherboard. It has the HDMI out and a Realtek ALC888 chipset that has 7.1 audio. I guess my final question would be if it could handle a blu-ray drive and output the audio correctly. I have a Pioneer receiver that has RCA inputs for each channel so I could hook the sound up that way I suppose. I've just been using the optical 5.1 for so long I forgot I had other options.

I guess I'm just concerned that I can build a PC blu-ray machine that will function the same as a blu-ray player for the same price or cheaper, plus have the added functionality of a computer. I want to make sure I'm not going to be lowering the quality of my movie experience in any way.

Thanks for the help!

The IGP in the 780G will aid the CPU a lot in Blu-Ray playback, you should have no problems and things should be nice and smooth.

Including the build's you recommend you might want to provide all the new people with information about what to look for in the specific parts of a computer.

For example you could say "In a Computer Case you want to look for something with good airflow that's made from a durable material. Also, be sure to check that it's large enough for all your parts..." and so on and so forth.

Including the build's you recommend you might want to provide all the new people with information about what to look for in the specific parts of a computer.

For example you could say "In a Computer Case you want to look for something with good airflow that's made from a durable material. Also, be sure to check that it's large enough for all your parts..." and so on and so forth.
Good idea, I'll try and get round to it.

I have a quick question for you guys. Under the budget computer build it lists the foxcon MB that supports DDR2 1066 ram but the suggested ram is DDR2 800. Does it make sence to get 800 ram when you can get the 1066 for just a bit more? Im considering this build with a slightly different chip (2.7ghz I think) and maybe 4x1GB 1066 ram If I can swing it.

Let me know if this makes sence at todays prices. MB, PSU, HD will be as suggested in the build though. I have my own case. Thanks!

Tim

I have a quick question for you guys. Under the budget computer build it lists the foxcon MB that supports DDR2 1066 ram but the suggested ram is DDR2 800. Does it make sence to get 800 ram when you can get the 1066 for just a bit more? Im considering this build with a slightly different chip (2.7ghz I think) and maybe 4x1GB 1066 ram If I can swing it.

Let me know if this makes sence at todays prices. MB, PSU, HD will be as suggested in the build though. I have my own case. Thanks!

Tim

Is this going to be AMD or Intel? Intel CPUs tend to bottleneck your RAM a little more than AMD.

Back
Top Bottom