New Build in a few weeks! Need help!

NeXuS1

Fully Optimized
It's been a while since I've been here. So in a few weeks I thought about building a new computer. Since I am getting a fat check soon. Don't know my range right now but I want it to be mid to high end, haven't gamed at full settings in a while with my current system. Now should I wait in terms of technology, I am pretty behind on information about the latest Processors, Video cards etc. (Intel vs AMD, ATi vs Nvidia blah blah which is better)

Any sort of reference would be good, since it will be my first time building one from scratch. I am not that savy but I know how to swap parts on my XPS. Im gonna start browsing on newegg :)

im not insanely knowledgeable on these things but i have read a lot of posts and people are saying intels sandy bridge processors are amazing. Along with me personally loving this case.

Processor list, like you said you dont know your price range. : Newegg.com - sandy bridge

The case i think is epic: Newegg.com - Rosewill ARMOR Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ,Full mesh design front bezel, comes with Six Fans-1x Front 120mm Fan, 2x Top 120mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, 1x 80mm Fan on motherboard tray, 1x Side 200mm Fan, option Fan-1x Bottom 120mm

anyway, hopefully i was some help. if not think of it as a bump :)

check out some stuff by thermaltake, i think there cases are the best ;)
also ati 6990 ;)
and intel owns amd

So sandy bridge are the ones to go with, ill check. For sure I'll want Quad-Core since I wanna move up from my old C2D.

For video cards I really want to stay with eVGA, they just have an awesome Customer Service and they dont put any buts on their RMA's.

Are those PSU's that removable ccables worth it?

from what i know, if you get that processor your a HUGE deal (meaning its a beast). now for the power supply, cosair is a good brand from what i read, something 750w so itll last through upgrades. their are other good brands i just dont remember them. the mobo im pretty much clueless on. your going to have to find a professional for that.

EDIT: 8gb ram should be a bit overkill for games ive heard 4 is plenty. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...45&cm_re=8_gb_ram_ddr3-_-20-145-345-_-Product

Also, i would get a motherboard that supports raid 5, ive recently read that if you get 3 ssd's on raid 5 its a great speed increase. but im pretty clueless on raid5, all i know is its faster than a normal hard drive and you can set it up through the bios. yet again a pro would be a better resource on explaining that.

Yeah I would like raid but for it I would want at least a TB of storage prob ina single HDD maybe extra for later. Yeah 8GB seems the way to goo hmmm. Not sure which case ive seen some corsair ones that are nice but they run about 250 :\

Back
Top Bottom