new build??

Are you positive the motherboard has a minimum wattage? What model is it? Can you give us a link?

there is no way the mobo has a minimum wattage (beyond the usual amount), I think he also realizes this considering his response a few posts up...

I don't think it's a card problem, since it seems the card is working properly.
Do you have the correct RAM in your motherboard?
And if you do, take out all the RAM and put in one stick and try to boot.
If that works try putting in the other RAM pieces until you find the broken one.

Memory Standard DDR2 667

That IS the ram you have right?

yeah, even though RAM is backwards compatible (800MHz RAM will run on motherboards that are limited to 667MHz) the RAM he has may require too much voltage, the "broken" MSI P35 I got booted up fine for me when I just stuck in some DDR2 667 RAM, the guy who sold it to me didn't have any other RAM to check it with and was probably using higher voltage RAM that wouldn't boot up initially with out changing the specs/updating the bios, some boards are also picky about what brands you use...

sorry for the late replay guys but the ram is new and its a PNY 2GB DDR2 pc2-6400. campatible with avec/con 800mhz 667 mhz and 533. I did look at the manual and has a list of recommended ram but the PNY wasn't on there. You think thats my problem?

do you have an onboard video card? if you do, take out the video card and start up the computer..if u see everything boots of corectly it means your video card is fried.

If you dont have an onboard vid card, then your best bet is to test it with another powr supply or video card. if the same problem still occurs, then i would say its your motherboard or ram.

As you can see, your only choice is to try each component individually until you find the problem. i would start with vid card, powr supply, ram, and ultimately motherboard. hope this helps :)

sorry for the late replay guys but the ram is new and its a PNY 2GB DDR2 pc2-6400. campatible with avec/con 800mhz 667 mhz and 533. I did look at the manual and has a list of recommended ram but the PNY wasn't on there. You think thats my problem?

the QVL which you mentioned is just basically the hardware (RAM in this case) that is proven to be compatible with the board, if your RAM isn't on the QVL it may still be compatible though, I had two sticks of GSkill DDR2 667 running on with my old ASUS P5N SLI and they weren't on the QVL but still ran fine, you might want to try some DDR2 667MHz RAM, even if it's only 512MB, just to see if it works, if it does then you have your answer...

Back
Top Bottom