new build??

How about you show us a picture of your card?
NOT the stock manufacturer one, but the one YOU have.
Make sure to take a picture of each side so we can see if it has a power connector.

How about you show us a picture of your card?
NOT the stock manufacturer one, but the one YOU have.
Make sure to take a picture of each side so we can see if it has a power connector.

I would guess that it's this card...

P56-9822-Main-01-JH.jpg

which indeed does not require a 6 pin connector, I guess there are a few of these 9800GT LPs floating around (Galaxy was the only one I had ever seen until I googled the PNY version)...

What brand is your power supply? If it's not a good brand, they probably exagerated the power ratings, and it's probably only putting out 350 watts with a 65% efficiency, therefore hardly giving you any power. Also, do you have the CPU connector on? Because I know my computer did that when I forgot to put that back :p

yes that my graphics card in the post above. the psu is a BFG model # bfgr450wgspsu. I do have one stick of PNY 2 gb ddr2 ram if that helps? How is new eggs returen policy because I'm thinking it could be my processor?

yes that my graphics card in the post above. the psu is a BFG model # bfgr450wgspsu. I do have one stick of PNY 2 gb ddr2 ram if that helps? How is new eggs returen policy because I'm thinking it could be my processor?

that psu should power that rig easily, usually the easiest way to check parts is to swap in a known working part and see if your system works, then swap your suspect part into the working system, that will usually start eliminating some of the possibilities...

do you have any friends with similar systems...?

Well, that PSU should be plenty... Are you sure that you have the 4 pin power connector to the CPU seated right?

I thought it was pretty weird for the mobo too require 500watts min. I'll try swapping parts into my friends computer after work tonight. I did make sure I connect the 4 pin power supply and the 4 pin next to that is connected. I find it odd that everything power up like normal but still no go.

so let me get this right. its down to the graphics card, processor, or the mobo.

ok..... just to be sure,

are you positive that the monitor is working properly? (will work with another computer)

I've done dumber things

Back
Top Bottom