New Build!

I really wouldn't worry about the memory selection. G.Skill is very good memory. I've used it in many rigs without any problems. :D

I know. I've heard such great things about them in the past and the first time I used them, one stick of the exact same kind of RAM he listed died in months. I guess now I'm bias toward other brands, but I refuse to use G.SKILL again.

I updated the list with the new video card and faster memory. The specs of the motherboard say that DDR2 1366+ is supported.. what exactly does that mean?

Looks good, but I still don't trust G.SKILL no matter how many good reviews there are.

Have you considered looking into Mushkin? I would suggest this.

Also, why the C2Q 9550? Get a C2Q 8200. From what hear on this forum, it's very fast. And with the extra money you'll save, you can grab 4 more gigs of RAM or another hard drive to do RAID 0 with.

err...I would not grab a Q8200. They do have 45nm and a stock 1333 fsb, but they are about 2.3GHz and have a locked multiplier of 7x. AND they only have 1Mb of L2 per core. While the Q9550 alots you with an 8.5x multiplier and 4Mb of L2 per core. The Q9550 is about the best Core2Quad deal out. The Q9550S overclocks much better, but isn't worth it, tbh. And neither is the Q9650.

You could also grab a Xeon x3360. Basically the proc without SSE 4.1 instructions and a much lower stock voltage, which as we all should have learned from WorshipMe, allows you to overclock ALOT further.

Back
Top Bottom