new 6800 ultra...

This is old news for me, but still interesting. I don't really think we we will have much need for 512meg vid cards, but maybe in the future they will be more useful.

its just fun... i doubt anyone will be able to afford it tho hehe. but its great to show off 1 gig of vid mem.

Yup old news, sorry about this but ati's 512 meg version has been put 4 a few weeks and nvidia brought theres out last week!!!!

I still cant beleive it though, a gig of video memory!!! Surely the memory will run a lot faster!

They do, it was sed in the 512meg ati x850xt pe reveiw that doom 3 has the capability to use 500+megs of video memory but this wasn't posssible until now!!

But its only to gloat. Nothing can acctualy use its abilities...."OMFG, I GET 150 MORE VIRTUAL, UNNOTICIBLE, VIRTUALLY TOO HIGH, FPS!!!" :)

Well it means that the already immense graphics in the game can be improved, not get higher fps!!! The new unreal engine is the most graphically challenging engine I have ever seen and really actually demands alot of graphic power!!

Back
Top Bottom