New to this

juggernautbitch

Beta member
I am a college student looking for a good desktop computer, mainly music, papers, and web browsing would be the main uses with maybe some games. Where do i even start to get one, i want to keep the cost below say 1500? any help is appreciated.

Thats a name change waiting to happen...Give me 10minz, and I can find you a nice desktop, 1500 isnt to bad, Im sure you can find a nice deal..

Alright, this to me, seems like a great deal...2gb of ram, you wont have to upgrade for a looooooong time...Amd x2, one of the best processors out, dont worry some will come along and say get Intel Dual Core...Its up to you, to me, I could care less, if your going to game everynow and then, it doesnt make a difference...250gb hdd, so you will never run out of space...It doesnt have an amazing gpu, its a built in, but still it comes with a pci0e 16x, so you will be able to update at any time, just buy a 200 card, and you will be set...Not saying you have to, for normal games, the gpu will handle, halo, and counter strike, from what I believe..What seals the deal for me, is a 19inch lcd comes along with it, all for 930.00..

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=26907&pfp=august27

:D

Ok ill give you a few details that you would want to look at if you wonder into your local PC store.

Depends on where you live, prices will be different but 1500$ will get you a nice PC.

It seems like you want a Basic computer with some room for a possiable upgrade.

Specs.. Buy something with at lease - 512MB of RAM. You want a CPU that you wont need to upgrade for awhile so buy a CPU around 3Mhz (last you long time). Becuase you want music and some games it would be good to have a 80GB hard drive so you can save alot of music or even videos. A CD burner is a must becuase we all love burning our tunes and playing them in the Car. You can go a DVD burner if you want to burn DVD's

OH remember that not all computer come with Microsoft Office (word,excel) so make sure it comes with some WORD document software.

joelbeveridge said:
Ok ill give you a few details that you would want to look at if you wonder into your local PC store.

Depends on where you live, prices will be different but 1500$ will get you a nice PC.

It seems like you want a Basic computer with some room for a possiable upgrade.

Specs.. Buy something with at lease - 512MB of RAM. You want a CPU that you wont need to upgrade for awhile so buy a CPU around 3Mhz (last you long time). Becuase you want music and some games it would be good to have a 80GB hard drive so you can save alot of music or even videos. A CD burner is a must becuase we all love burning our tunes and playing them in the Car. You can go a DVD burner if you want to burn DVD's

OH remember that not all computer come with Microsoft Office (word,excel) so make sure it comes with some WORD document software.

Im sure you meant 3ghz, and not mhz...But, no AMD comes with 3ghz... ghz isnt the only thing that counts, fsb is also taken in...Just because a p4 is 3ghz, and amd 3400 is only 2.2, doesnt mean that the 3ghz is faster..Because the amd has a built in memory controler, and faster bus speeds, therefor making it better then the 3ghz comp..Just make sure you get a DUAL core, no matter what, because single is plated out aaha.

Back
Top Bottom