Never quite the same ...

elevator_opratr

Beta member
Strange problem here:

Ok ... several months ago, my PC apparently became infected with spyware ... all the classic symptoms including changing home page and numerous pop ups. So I d/l several anti-spyware programs that have seemed to clear up the changing home page and pop up problems.

Nevertheless, my PC hasn't ever really been the same since the spyware. Half the time, I can't get to certain web pages ... I get "page not found" or other messages. But if I disconnect and reconnect (I use dial-up), then it lets me go to that page, only to not let me on 'other' pages ... and the vicious circle continues.

Can anyone help? It seems since the spyware incident, my puter never is quite the same.

elevator_opratr said:
Strange problem here:

Ok ... several months ago, my PC apparently became infected with spyware ... all the classic symptoms including changing home page and numerous pop ups. So I d/l several anti-spyware programs that have seemed to clear up the changing home page and pop up problems.

Nevertheless, my PC hasn't ever really been the same since the spyware. Half the time, I can't get to certain web pages ... I get "page not found" or other messages. But if I disconnect and reconnect (I use dial-up), then it lets me go to that page, only to not let me on 'other' pages ... and the vicious circle continues.

Can anyone help? It seems since the spyware incident, my puter never is quite the same.
Format and start over end up here again or answer my PM.

bluto said:
Format and start over end up here again or answer my PM.
I have a read receipt,stop wasteing our time.It sounded quite serious at first,so drop by again.Theres easy answers.
:mad:

Sorry for not responding. I read your post but have been real busy and didn't get a chance to write back. A friend of mine fixed the problem. Some of my internet settings were messed up. Don't know the details. I'm not too good with computers. :) Thanks anyway and sorry for not responding sooner.

elevator_opratr said:
Sorry for not responding. I read your post but have been real busy and didn't get a chance to write back. A friend of mine fixed the problem. Some of my internet settings were messed up. Don't know the details. I'm not too good with computers. :) Thanks anyway and sorry for not responding sooner.
Happy to hear this is working better,but it's better if you learn what to do yourself.What your friend did will still need continued fixing.
Get Ad-Aware.for a start.
:D

Back
Top Bottom