networking/server stuff and what not

convergecult

In Runtime
is there a way that i can hook an external hard drive to my router and use it like a server or something so i can have my music that i have for my pc shared between my laptop and my desktop. im asking because i really do not want to put all 3000 songs on my laptop and if i have it on my external every time i unplug it and put it on my laptop from my desktop i have to re make the library

idk about a standalone harddrive, but a computer with a hard drive...yes. unless the router has sum type of usb support for a HD enclosure

even then, i wouldnt know how to make it show up on the network, but it should just come up as any network device i suppose

is there a way that i can hook an external hard drive to my router and use it like a server or something so i can have my music that i have for my pc shared between my laptop and my desktop. im asking because i really do not want to put all 3000 songs on my laptop and if i have it on my external every time i unplug it and put it on my laptop from my desktop i have to re make the library

Just about any "Network Attatched Storage" device will do what you want.

yea i saw some after i posted from like netgear i can put to hd's up to a tb and hook it in my router and it will show up but whoo they are pricey

Back
Top Bottom