Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #1
In Runtime

Send a message via ICQ to B1kesrule Send a message via AIM to B1kesrule Send a message via MSN to B1kesrule Send a message via Yahoo to B1kesrule
Default network trouble??

ive set up my belkin adsl modem and g router so when i start up my laptop its connected and i can share the internet connection but:
how do i share files beacause when i put them in the shared folder they dont come up and neither do the computers in the mshome workgroup.?

and

how do i make it like a school network where u have one username and password that you use on both computers?

thanks
alex.

B1kesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:39 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990
Default Re: network trouble??

1. Make sure they are in the Network shared foldler, not the computer shared folder.

To share a folder, right click on it, and go to sharing and secuity and opt to share it across the network

2. As far as I know you need a server for that, dont think there is a way with stand alone computers.s

joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:46 PM   #3
In Runtime

Send a message via ICQ to B1kesrule Send a message via AIM to B1kesrule Send a message via MSN to B1kesrule Send a message via Yahoo to B1kesrule

is the network one in my computer?
Old 02-25-2006, 05:49 PM   #4
Golden Master

You need to enable the File and Printing feature. Go into My Network Place and then go to "Setup Home or Office Network" on the left side. Walk through the wizard and you're all set. You can even setup your printer over the network once that is done. Just make sure you install network printer instead of local printer.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:54 PM   #5
In Runtime

i done that but it didnt work, the compuers still dont come up on the work roup
Old 02-25-2006, 06:03 PM   #6
In Runtime

when i try and look at the workgroups it says you do not have sufficiant rights please contact the administartor but i set it up???????
Old 02-25-2006, 06:30 PM   #7
Golden Master

This is one of those things when I wish I was there to see your setup. So you went through the network setup wizard and you got nothing? Maybe the firewall on each PC is preventing your other PC's IP from accessing each other. You may have to enable the IP's for each computer in your firewall configuration.

How about this. Try just diabling your firewall on both PC's and see what happens.