Network issue......

foothead

Omnicide now.
so umm yeah more problems.....
I got xp to install finally and now it wont detect the onboard network card. I've run the driver disc at least 5 times and it always gives me the same error : Please shutdown and plug Realtek PCIE card to complete this installation
It is no longer detected in the device manager.
Is this board seriously dying too? I cant go another 3 months without a computer....

Are you trying the correct drivers? Try grabbing the ones from the ECS website: ECS Driver Downloads.

If you still have problems installing them, go into Device Manager, right click the network device, and select Update drivers. Then point the wizard to the driver file you downloaded or on the CD.

Yes, I have tried this, several times with older drivers also and it still fails. I have also tried the ubuntu 9.04 liveCD, which worked with my last board (before it died) and it also isnt able to detect it. So, what should I do now? I have a really old intel LAN card on it right now, but am having more driver issues... I can't decide if its worth it to just buy another board, or to wing it and see if I can RMA this one also (took 3 months last time) Advice? I'm thinking the ASUS m4A79T deluxe if I were to buy a new board, because it would at least be an upgrade, and it seems well priced if I can get an open box one...

Back
Top Bottom