network ?

Raccoon

Solid State Member
im not sure if im using the right forum post thing.......

but do you need a nic to connect to the internet with a desktop ??? i only want to use it with an ethernet cord

(i just built my first computer, and i thought you didnt need 1, thought u just plug it in and that was it)

The motherboard usually has an ethernet port built in on the back. If that isn't working go to the manufacturer of your motherboard's site and download the drivers for the LAN or NIC.

im using an asus p8p67 pro board... i plugged it into the slot where the ethernet cord goes but nothing... would i get a usb download the drivers to a usb and then open them on the desktop ???

also is there a special way 2 open the files ??? or how do i update it when i got the drivers on the usb

i did NOT buy a nic, do i need 1 ?

when i download them all (to the usb) how do i put them onto my desktop ?

or use the cd that came with it ?

Yeah, just basically download them all on another computer, transfer them to a USB drive, and then drag and drop them onto your desktop. Install those 4; those are the 'base' drivers. After those are installed, you should definitely download the other drivers in the utilities and SATA section. You could use the cd but they would most likely be out of date.

asus setup.exe should work
(your pm inbox is full)

Back
Top Bottom