Network????

B1kesrule

In Runtime
HI,
just recently i bought a belkin (f5d7632-4) ADSL with wireless G-router. my plans were to use this to share files,printers,scanners etc with my
laptop (with built in wireless) and i can share the inter net fine and the router recognises both computers. So i run the wireless network
configuration thing add the laptop to it then after that i run the network configuration wizard. I thought that was it BUT i went to the laptop
looked in the mshome workgroup for the two computers "ALEX1(laptop)" and "COMPUTER1(desktop)" so i right click and try to explore the desktop but i
get a message saying "\\Computer1 is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administator of
this server to find out if you have acess permission. The network path was not found." yet i could still share an internet connection the the router
still recognised both.When running the network setup should i have chosen "This computer connects directly to the internet. the other computers connect
to the internet through this one." OR "this computer connects to the internet through a residential gateway or through another computer on my network."
i chose the second one is this correct if i am running a desktop pc with a belkin router??

screenshots:
belk.jpg

belk2.jpg

untitled.jpg

Make sure all the ip addresses are allowed in each of the firewalls. And that the folders you are trying to browse, are shared over the network.

do you use zone alarm by any chance?
as i have had similiar problems due to my firewall.
woz

Did you use the Home network Setup Wzard to make your PCs grant acess to the others?

Back
Top Bottom