Nero Problem

prasanth1

Beta member
Hi,

I have a Phillips 1640 DVD Burner. I've managed to burn about 25 DVDs and 20CDs until it started to give problems.

I have a lot of files to i want to put on to a data disc (on DVD not CD). I've only burned about 4-5 DVD full data discs. However, recently, i could only burn about 1GB at a time. And now, I cant even burn any!. In both occasions it would say error reading data. Here's a screenshot of Nero, when it wouldn't burn any:

prtnscreenofNero.JPG

As you can see, it fails within two minutes! When it manged to burn 1GB it went for at least 20mins. Is it just a problem with the files?

p.s. I have downloaded the latest firmware.

Hmm... did you download the latest firmware before it started giving you problems and then they started?

It does seem to have problems reading the files you are trying to burn, like for example (though Nero shouldn't), the way folders and files are arranged on the template might make discs fail, or maybe the way you have it set up in the options is troubling it, like the amount it can burn for example, and overburn.

I would have thoguht this would have been the type of error you would get if you tried to copy a Copyrighted DVD, but I know that you are just trying to make them from standard data files and not copying to and from a disc so you shouldn't have that issue, as the copyright would stop it being burnt if this was the case, and would come up with an error like that.

If you think it might be the firmware (if you mean driver) for the DVD copier, then you can always see if a uninstall of this will fix it, if you install from the dicks you got, or from the windows installer for a standard DVD copier, or if you have one of the latest Windows Operating Systems, to use System Restore to go back to before you made the change, fixing it straight away.

I hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom