Nero freezes at 3% and then crashes computer burning audio cds

toeknee

Baseband Member
Hi thanks for all the help in the last post so i was wondering if you could help me with this now

Basically I will try to describe the problem as detailed as possible and i really hope somebody can help me.

When burning audio and data cd's and using a variety of media (including cheap to expensive) Nero (both express and burning rom) doesn't go further than 3-4% and then it freezes. However when i press stop it freezes further, the cd keeps on spinning, my system crashes and i have to perform a manual restart.

I am using an external dvd writer connected to usb 2.0 via a notebook card.

I am not using any other usb devices or running anything unneccesary in the back ground that takes up power or memory.

I also did a search on similar questions and the problem is not the one where nero keeps sending the scci thing (sorry i don't remember exactly) everything loads up fine, the cache is loaded, burning starts and then it freezes,

I am using windows xp with service pack 2.

Also, every now and then it seems to work perfectly (both on 48x and 40x) for example yesterday i succesfully burned 2 audio cd's in succession, the third failed with this problem.

I really hope someone can help me, I will be so so grateful as I'm a bit silly with computers and don't know what to do

thank you very much in advance

Tony

It might be the notebook card because i braught one to add 2 usb ports to my computer but it won't let me copy large amounts of data to my usb meomory stick.

Back
Top Bottom