need your opinon plz

I don't see how the PCI express is faster or better. The full potential just isn't there to begin with.

Actually thats where you are incorrect. The potential is there within the pci-e bus, its just not there within the graphics card yet. Once nvidia and ati start making their cards much more complicated (visually) there will be a greater need for speed in delivering the images, and at that point the 16x speed of the pci-e slot will be required and the 8x slot will be unable to keep up. U'll soon see that they will stop making cards for the AGP (if they already havent) and future endeavors will solely concentrate on pci-e.
Google it to find more. I have done a lot of reading in this area b/c i plan to buy a new pc in the very near future as well.

d_source said:
Actually thats where you are incorrect. The potential is there within the pci-e bus, its just not there within the graphics card yet. Once nvidia and ati start making their cards much more complicated (visually) there will be a greater need for speed in delivering the images, and at that point the 16x speed of the pci-e slot will be required and the 8x slot will be unable to keep up. U'll soon see that they will stop making cards for the AGP (if they already havent) and future endeavors will solely concentrate on pci-e.
Google it to find more. I have done a lot of reading in this area b/c i plan to buy a new pc in the very near future as well.

Its more than the speed. It would take too long to explain why PCIex is not that good. Intel created this standard and is forcing it on everyone so they can make uber money. AGP 16x if and when it comes out will destroy PCIex.

And the reason the industry is adopting it, is because it has cheaper royalty fees.

I'd rather wait for AGP 16X, dsource. And most cards in the market are geared for AGP 8X, which is faster the PCI express 16X.

Guys, never heard of an AGP 16x. The only places that has been seen is in posts where people mistakingly call the pci-e 16x slot by the name AGP 16x. If you know of an article out there that talks about this bus please share.

That is why i said if and when AGP 16x comes out. PCIex is still PCI. yes it has more bandwidth but AGP is configured in a better way.

Dont want to explain it now.

Back
Top Bottom