need your opinon plz

scottyp123

Solid State Member
hey im just wondering what u people think about this computer that i am thinking of buying, is there anything i should change to it.
system specs:

intel pentium 4 540 - 3.2GHz

1g DDR ram, ( is it worth getting the 1g DDR ram or should i just stick to a 512 DDR ram).

200GB, 7200RPM, 8MB cache

pci-express NVidia Geforce 6600 128mb graphics card

not sure wat sound card ( can u plz recomened a cheap but alright one)

and what do guys reckon for a descent case

im not great on computers but r there anything u recomend me getting so i can play some descent games and not have to upgrade my computer for a while.

thanx.

Look for a Creative Labs soundblaster card. The audigy or audigy 2 would be nice.

The RAM depends on what you are doing. 512 will be enough but its always better to have more. Also make sure with whatever RAM you do get, to get two sticks of it. Such as if you chose 1gig of ram get two 512 sticks of the exact same RAM. It will run much faster.

That computer will handle games well, etc the new onces that need 256 MB Graphics. to save money don't get 1g get 768m. use on-board sound unless you use your computer as a DJ-Station !!

Get a smaller HDD, i don't think any home user can fill 200 gb., i wouldn't want to scan that for a virus if you fill it up ... lol

Graphics are good but with the money you can save on the HDD and Ram get a bit better graphic card, good computer all round. How much does the computer cost?

I would upgrade the graphics card to the GT in the same category, not much more money but a better card. Also make sure ur mobo is pci express.

Performance wise, PCI express has been a great disappointment, often matched and beaten by AGP 8X cards.

but pci express is the movement to the future. Theres no way when i get my new pc in a few weeks that i am getting an AGP board, actually thats all i am waiting for is a pci-express board to go with the 939 socket.

The movement to the future? Just as the standard that was going to replace VHS tapes...? One way or the other, either AGP or PCI-Express is going to lose out. And it appears PCI Express is on the losing end. It is a step backwards.

I cant see how in a world looking for speed that a faster board will lose out. Maybe as of right now they havent been able to tap into the full potential so there is no clear winner b/w the 2, but thats only b/c pci-e is new. Remember before AGP, with simple PCI cards, when AGP first came out it was the exact same thing, now which is better?

Back
Top Bottom