Need windows files

xxc00lmanxx

In Runtime
Hello
I need to know what .INF files come with windows XP if you dont mind giveing me a list of the .INF files that come on standers windows xp with sever pack 2 or if you can even somehow put up a link so i can download them. if you can i would really be thankfull.

Thanks, :D

There are over 1,000 INF files that come with Windows XP.
Quoted from the Microsoft Website:
An INF file is a text file that contains all the necessary information about the device(s) and file(s) to be installed, such as driver images, registry information, version information, and so on, to be used by the Setup components.

An example of an inf file would be autorun.inf. This file will pretty much be on any CD you have to install something. What it does is point to a file on the CD to be run as soon as the disk is inserted. An example of the code:
Code:
[autorun]
open=setup.exe
icon=icon.ico

if your missing all your .inf, you need to reinstall. I don't think you can just download them from anywhere and generally a lot of them are specific to your system in which ones it uses. just do a windows repair install and it should replace them without losing info off the drive.

ok then can you somehows get all of the .INF's i need for a webcam and printers.Becuase theys are the 2 items that i am missing .INF's for

Thanks

Sounds to me like ya needing drivers, so just install them or download them off the net

Back
Top Bottom