In need of urgent help

Lifelong-newbie

Solid State Member
Could somebody help me??
I have decided to upgrade my sisters memory for her, she only has 256mb, i have two questions

1. Could i add a 512 to the 256??? <What i would like to do) or would i have to have another 256 (total 512), or even (2 x 512mb < cant afford)

2. Does it limit the RAM possibilities bearing in mind her processor is Celeron D, running at 2.40 Ghz

Also she only has 2 Memory ports, i took the cover off the other day
Finally, wear do i connect my Anti-Static wristband to (apart from my wrist :rolleyes: )

help is grately appreciated

yes you can get a 512mb stick. It will work fine with the 256mb one.

No the processor doesn't limit it in any way, though slower processors can't take the advantage from having lots of ram. So I wouldn't get 2gb for that cpu, but anything under that is fine.

Can't answer about the anti-static wristband, never used (actually probably never even seen) one.

And as for the ram speed, pc2700 would probably be the best choise if you are also going to keep the old ram. Since even if you get faster ram (pc 3200 is the most common speed for ddr) the older stick will be limiting the speed to pc 2700, all the ram sticks need to work at the same speed.

Just clip the anti static band to the metal frame of the case and you will be fine

Back
Top Bottom