need urgent help

wooonelly

Baseband Member
I have a computer running windows 2000 and all of a sudden today there is no taskbar, can't copy, cut or paste files. I can't change the desktop either.

This has nothing to do with permissions.

Any ideas.

I'd run a virus and spyware if you haven't already. Try right clicking on your start button and going to properities and selecting auto hide then un select it to see if the task bar comes back.

uhhh...theres no taskbar?? ok, bring up the task manager by pressing ctrl+alt+delete and click on the applications tab. now click "new task" ... type in explorer.exe and hit enter.. i dont know if that will do it but it might.

I have tried all the normal stuff. I can't even get into start mode. There seems to be missing files like rundll32. I did recovery and repair and this doesn't seem to work either. I think I might have to reinstall windows.

This computer is not connected to the internet

From safe mode, if you can get to it, run SFC /scannow. If w2k doesn't have that command just type in from the run cmd line> sfc.
It stands for system file checker.

Sorry Seti, didn't get a chance to try it. I just reinstalled over the current installation to re-write the system files and it worked like a gem....so far. The guy on the computer will be running it this afternoon so we will see.

Thats really wierd, especially how it isant connected to the internet, something must of been building up, and decided to pop...

What did you have on there that could of been dodgy?

Back
Top Bottom