Need Ur Advice On a Few Options…check it out!

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello friends,

I am getting very close to start ordering the parts for my new build. One of the problems that I have is the case. I very much like the new Cosmos S case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119150&Tpk=cosmos+s but it has one great flaw. The 200mm fan on the side panel will prevent heatsinks like the Thermalight 120 from being installed. I called the CoolerMaster and they told me they will be offering free replacement panels with fans on the side in about 2 month or so (its not official). So here are my options.

1st Just get the Cosmos S case & Remove the 200mm fan, install ur Thermaright 120 and wait 2-3 month for a replacement panel.

2nd Just get the Cosmos S case & get a different (not as tall) heatsink & forget about the Thermaright 120.

3rd Screw options 1 & 2 and get the STACKER 830 (will the Thermaright 120 fit with the side fan panel that comes with the Stacker?)

Out of those I'd choose #1.

But to be honest, I don't see the need for a side fan, especially a 200mm one. A good 120mm fan in the front and a similar fan in the back and the air flow should be more than good enough.

i have 2 120mm on the side, and i dont really see much cooler temps. and it creates quite a lot of dust. I have like 6 120mm fans on my case, and the temps were the same as when i only had 1 120mm fan, and a 80mm fan.
i would choose #1 too, but you might have to bug cooler master for awhile or remind them, or try to make it official

Back
Top Bottom