Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
Fully Optimized
Talking Need suggestions for a new build (low budget)

I am currently trying to help my friend to build a new PC. His current PC is kind of old and he is especially having problems with his video card (don’t know the model, but its old!). Here are the specs of his current PC that I was able to get from the CPU-Z screen shoots.

CPU = AMD Athlon™ XP 3200+
MOBO = AUS A7N8X-E Deluxe

I’m not sure how much he has saved up, but I know it’s not a lot. I would think $500 would be max, even that I think might be 2 much for him. The main parts that he needs are CPU, MOBO, VID CARD, RAM & PSU but if its possible to squeeze a new HDD & a CASE into this budget that would be great! Otherwise he will use his old CASE & HDD. The main use for this PC will be playing CS 1.6 & CS: Source, + Internet & Music. I think newegg would be the best place to start, if someone can help me choose the parts, your help would be greatly appreciated!

With your help I really hope he would like the build and would decide to go for it, but once again money might be a problem. If worse come worse and this build might be 2 much for him, he definitely would at least need a new vid card. I believe his current MOBO is an AGP (can someone plz confirm). Looking at current specs what would be a good vid card for him?

- Asus P6T Deluxe v2 - Intel i7 920 @4Ghz 1.35v- Prolimatech HS - Cosmos S Case -
- ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ800 PSU
- ATI 5870 - G.SKILL 6GB DDR3 1600 - Razer Barracuda™ AC-1
- 120GB Crucial C300 SSD & 3X WD640AAKS HDD
- Dell 24" 2408WFP & 2407WFP-HC Monitor
Zer0Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
Golden Master
Default Re: Need suggestions for a new build (low budget)

Check the first build in my thread: http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=69845

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
Daemon Poster
Default Re: Need suggestions for a new build (low budget)

yea that theard helped me a little. i built a full ready to use computer with lcd and everything for under 600. and the lcd was 200.so if he has a screen you can take 200 off that 600. and it still includes a keyboard and mose and case and HDD. ask if you want the links.

it is no gamer but with some changes it could be.
amp27 is offline   Reply With Quote