Need suggestions to improve computer gaming performance

Humanman

Beta member
Hey people i reallllly hope you can help.

I play WoW a lot (World of Warcraft) and my new machine got 60-80 FPS (Frames Per Second) with max graphical settings and stayed that way for about a year. it just recently started bogging down and decreased to about 15-30 FPS and it's really annoying even with graphics down all the way i only get 20-40 FPS. It was getting so annoying i decided to reformatte my hard drive and everything, this is the part that really pissed me off, it did not improve my performance in WoW at all, i was expecting it to run like new as it should, but i guess it is something that reformatting can't fix and i don't know what :(

Backround applications isn't the problem, virus isn't the problem, my graphics card is working properly, I'm just clueless to what the problem can be.

If anyone can suggest anything i can try that would be greattt

Thanks..

Hi, could you post your specs?

And check your system temps, if you have a hot running CPU, such as a P4, it could be due to thermal throttling (slow to CPU right down to avoid overheating). Often happens if your heatsink gets blocked up with dust etc.

Use HWMonitor.

Also, make sure you have the latest drivers installed. Install new drivers this way:

Go to control panel -> Add/remove programs -> Remove drivers -> Reboot in safe mode and run Driver Sweeper -> Reboot and install new drivers.

Back
Top Bottom