Need some urgent help.

Jkerman

Solid State Member
I was surfing the web and something downloaded on my computer and it pops up and tells me I have a trojan and brings up pops to antivrius software companys. I have used 3 different virus protectors and a spyware program and they found nothing. I cant get rid of the stupid pop-up thing though. Its in my taskbar and pop ups like every other minute. I Found the folder but when I go to delete it it says I need permission. What Do I do? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Don't do anything drastic yet, delete all temporary INTERNET files and cookies then see if its gone, it sounds similar to the Winfix pop up that went around last year, it got into you temp folder then gave you a pop up telling you, you had a virus to try to get you to buy there software, it was just an anoying hoax. are you using fire fox browser as there pop up blocker should block it. try Peerguardian2 if not.

Know that one, boot into safe mode by continuously pressing F8 before Windows boots up and run an anti-spyware check.

Adaware and spydoctor both miss it, (or for me they both did). The one i posted is a very small file that runs from the cmd prompt and is very effective for this virus. Many spyware programs miss this one. Its related to Virus Heat which is probably the most annoying thing in the world.

Adaware and spydoctor both miss it, (or for me they both did). The one i posted is a very small file that runs from the cmd prompt and is very effective for this virus. Many spyware programs miss this one. Its related to Virus Heat which is probably the most annoying thing in the world.

I know as I've had it. It runs as a process and restarts every time I tried to end it so I went into safe mode and deleted it manually. Windows Defender was finding it BTW.

Back
Top Bottom