Need Some Help on Stuff

Chris762

Solid State Member
First of all, how can i check my CPU's temperature because i have seen alot of "my cpu dropped 6 C with this fan" stuff and just wondering how they got the temperatures.

2- I am thinking about upgrading my computer so just feel free to let me know what you guys think of this list.

Intel Pentium D 940 3.20GHz
XFX GeForce 7600 GT XXX Edition
OCZ Dual Channel XTC 2048MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz
Asus P5NSLI NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX Motherboard

As far as graphics cards goes I'm not that harcore of a gamer but i want something that will run BF2 + 2142 Nicely

Thanks In Advance

You can check you're CPU's temperature by going into your BIOS, or you can download various apps that will tell you the temps, like Speedfan and Everest.

As for the specs...I would change that Pentium D for a Core 2 Duo, either an E6400 or an E6600, depending on you're budget...the rest looks good

Matt

I use CPUZ, which is quite good and gives in-depth details esp if u o/c your cpu

also, point to note, if you are simply using your mobo sensors, these may not be the most accurate. If you are not an o/c, it is fine. But if u r serious overclocker, u might want to consider investing in more accurate sensors or u might just fry your chip.

as matty rightly suggested, definitely go for a core 2. Personally, i think the E6320 is good enough, which allows o/c up to 3.3ghz. But if u want to go for higher end stuff, then E6400 or E6600 is the answer.

The problem is my budget is around 450, But for its price is it a good processor thats my main concearn

BTW thanks for those program names ill be sure to DL them. I'm not an overclocker (yet hehe) so i should be fine?

The problem is my budget is around 450, But for its price is it a good processor thats my main concearn

BTW thanks for those program names ill be sure to DL them. I'm not an overclocker (yet hehe) so i should be fine?

well if ur planning on overclocking later on you should get a good CPU fan

Core 2 Duo E6600 would be your best bet with the budget that you have if you're looking for a nice processor.
You can also use PC Wizard for core temps, it also has many other features that you might want to check out.

Back
Top Bottom