Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-21-2007, 10:40 PM   #11
Golden Master

Default Re: Need some help, my comp has problems.

It's an Athlon 64 CPU right? Yeah I think that's it because Athlon XP only goes up to like 2500+. I just looked up the temps for your CPU and according to AMD, your Max Temp is @ 55-69C for optimum operation. You're fine. That can narrow it down to your video card and power supply. Does that video card have extra power dongles you can connect to?

Old 04-21-2007, 10:50 PM   #12
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOwner View Post
It's an Athlon 64 CPU right? Yeah I think that's it because Athlon XP only goes up to like 2500+. I just looked up the temps for your CPU and according to AMD, your Max Temp is @ 55-69C for optimum operation. You're fine. That can narrow it down to your video card and power supply. Does that video card have extra power dongles you can connect to?
Well, its an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ and the video card has no power supply cables at all.

I would think it would be a heat problem, since the SpeedFan says its hot with the fire symbol, and what really makes me think its heat, is that it only happens like after time. But there's another thing that boggles my mind. Whenever I play Postal 2, when I go into one of the houses and look into the mirror, my computer instantly does the freeze/sound shutter thing, then goes back to normal, but then a split second later it does it again and I don't have enough time to get away from the mirror. It's odd, but I am sooo confused, I was hoping it was the heatsink.

cory551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:52 PM   #13
Golden Master

How about turning down the game settings? You can adjust the display settings too so that you're not running high performance.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:22 PM   #14
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOwner View Post
How about turning down the game settings? You can adjust the display settings too so that you're not running high performance.
I still tryed, but no success. I usually run on the stock settings, which is like med-high.
cory551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:42 PM   #15
Golden Master

I'm wondering if it could be drawing more power than it should? But the 7600GT isn't a power hog like the others. You should be able to run this video card even with a 300watt power supply or even a 250watt power supply. I may just reconsider uninstalling all your games. Then install one at a time to see how that goes.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:54 AM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

May sound daft, but when was the last time you defragged ya harddrive? And have you got all the latest drivers and updates installed?
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:56 AM   #17
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to Comp_Pro

how do i speed up my fan speed? its spinning at around 3200 but i always get high tempretures like 75c so i want to speed up my fan to 4200 so i can cool it down. email me on raided_noob101@hotmail.com or add my msn
Old 04-22-2007, 07:47 AM   #18
Fully Optimized

I think he need to reapply some thermal paste, have you been removing the heatsink before? You may have lost some, pick it up for 11$ at best buy or online somewhere.
2.3 tricore phenom,2 GB RAM , EVGA 9600 GSO,250 GB SSD
2.6 X4 620, 4GB RAM, 9600 GSO, 500 GB HDD/I'm part of The Project
ace777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:00 AM   #19
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp_Pro View Post
how do i speed up my fan speed? its spinning at around 3200 but i always get high tempretures like 75c so i want to speed up my fan to 4200 so i can cool it down. email me on raided_noob101@hotmail.com or add my msn
Start your own topic for this, you wil get more replies than hijacking someone elses thread.

Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote