Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Need some help with making my computer run smoother!

Hello, I am new to these forums. I recently checked out gaming on my PC with Steam, and, while playing Borderlands, the game functioned, but there was a lot of glitching while just beginning, my character turned invisible sometimes and so did the enemies. I suspect the cause of this is me having an older computer. I have also had a friend mention to me I should update it.

I never did understand all of these technical terms associated with my computer, and I never understood updating my computer and building my own. I come here today wanting some advice. I will give my computer details below. I just got this from a website that explains your computer.

My CPU is a Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz. My CPU speed is 1.9 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.33 GHz. My RAM is 3.1 GB. My OS is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600). My video card is a GeForce 7300 LE. My video RAM is 512.0MB. I have Hardware T&L, my pixel shader version and vertex shader version are both 3.0. My sound card is a SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC and I have 162.2GB of free disk space.

You see, the problem is I hardly understand any of this. I would love if you guys could give me some advice on speeding or updating my computer to run games smoother, or just generally point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
In Runtime
Default Re: Need some help with making my computer run smoother!

That gpu is quite old, so that might be part of the problem. Try going to Nvidia's website and install the latest driver for that card. Also, what settings are you running on when you experience these problems?
And what motherboard is in your computer?

Edit - To find information about your pc you should look in the control panel for the specs
Edsterr is offline   Reply With Quote

build, computer, parts, steam, update