Need some help!

Cyclops

Beta member
Right, as of September I'm going travelling for 1-2 years. I'm in need of a laptop, realised how stupidly overpriced they are, looked everywhere.

Then thought about building one. Bare in mind, before you say just build your own desktop, I'm going to be on the move a lot so that isn't an option. I'll need it for every day tasks, editing photos and moderate gaming for my spare time. I'm also on a really tight budget of £350/$550

Ok, so I thought about buying this:

Laptop Barebone - $245/£156
i5 CPU - £99/$153
8GB RAM - £25/$38
250GB HD - £56/$87 (I already have a 2TB external)

All other components are included in the barebones.

Total - £336/ $552

What do you think about that for the very cheap price? Just to check is everything compatible?

Ok I know the graphics card isn't great, but will I be able to play most games on Medium?

Is it simple putting it together?

Thank you for your time. If you have any suggestions please not I live in the UK, so shipping fees could surpass my budget.

I've never a built a laptop myself before but it looks good. Something to consider though - perhaps swap out the 250GB HDD for a 128GB SSD. It may be a bit more expensive, but if you've already got a 2TB external drive I don't see much point in an internal drive (unless of course it's not very convenient using the external one).

SSD is a great idea it dramatically increases system performance.
Optimistic for £25 Ram? Buy some decent Ram To better performance. Try Crucial.
Processors is good, quad core.

Back
Top Bottom