Hello everyone, just joined the forums after trolling around here for 2 days taking a look at everything. I want to build a desktop computer myself and this being my first time, would like to ask people's opinions and beg for help
. I already looked through the new build guide but thought I might be able to get some more specialized help to build the computer for me.
Basically, here is what it comes down to for what I am looking for.
1) My main uses for the computer are mostly to run programs such as photoshop CS3, Dreamweaver, Soundbooth, InDesign, etc. etc.
2) Secondary uses are for games, though I would like a graphic card that can run them well, I am not looking to build a gaming pc.
3) I am looking to keep the total cost of the computer hardware between the $1000-$1300 range, preferably closer to $1100.
4) I wouldn't mind being pointed in the direction of items that will allow me to very safely
overclock my computer to gain some performance (though I don't have the foggiest clue as to how to actually overclock)
5) I am looking for decent quality parts and will pay a bit more for them, as I dont want my internals breaking down on me.
6) Quieter is better in my case
7) Some things I am defenitely looking for in the comp
a) 4GB or RAM (more if I can afford it)
b) 1.5 TB of Hard drive space (the amount of drives does not matter, I would think I need 3 500GB drives)
c) Ability to dual-monitor well.
d) Wireless card
Also, I wouldn't mind getting feedback on wireless mice and keyboards.
To all that can give me detailed help (links to sites I can buy items would be great) I am forever in your debt. Please don't think that I am a lazy person not willing to do the work myself, but after going and looking at the different processors and motherboards I just absolutely don't know what is even remotely right for me. Once again thanks for any help in advance.-Raptor911