need some advice/opinions on this build please =)

mustardgirl

Solid State Member
Hello everyone! I'm finally putting everything together for my desktop and my friend's been helping me out and we were looking at this setup:

Intel Core i7-2700K 3.5 GHz LGA 1155 Processor BX80623I72700K

ASUS LGA 1155 - Z68 - PCIe 3.0 and UEFI BIOS Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2200 LGA 1155 Motherboards P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

NZXT Hale82 80 Plus Bronze ATX 750 Watt Modular Power Supply

EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2Win DUAL GPU 2048MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 Dual DVI + miniHDMI Graphics Card 02G-P3-1569-KR Black

Western Digital Velociraptor 600 GB SATA III 10000 RPM 32 MB Cache Bulk/OEM 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive - WD6000HLHX

NZXT Technologies PHANTOM Computer Case, Pink - PHAN-003PK (the pink was my choice lol :angel:)

Amazon.com: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B: Electronics (will be purchasing 2 of these for total of 16GB)

==================

If anyone has any recommendations or opinions/advice on this, please let me know asap! :) I'm using this primarily as a render computer for my projects (using various graphics programs - After Effects, Cinema 4D, Maya, Final Cut Pro, etc.).

Thanks in advance :)

Um...You can just get a 600w PSU instead. This build does not need 750w. and I would rather go for HD6870 and the rest is fine

I would agree with the PSU unless you are planning to SLI in the future but the graphics card i think is fine. the 560 and the 6870 are practically the same card, just different brands. I have the nzxt phantom too, pure awesomeness. Soooooo much room to work with and a lot of expandability, not to mention how cool the case looks ;)

Everything else seems good, beastly build

i would be tempted to go for the intel i7 2600k as it is abit cheeper and if your planing on overclocking this will not matter much if your not planing on overclocking id go for the i7 2600 without the K as again it even cheaper just the same speks as the 2600k but cant be overclocked. also if it was me i would add a ssd to save the os any programs and any big docs that are used alot.

With the ram Amazon are doing 16GB for 80 might be worth searching for that and if your going for quad channel ram go for ivy bridge processor as that's what they are made for, that's what im doing with my new build

To quote what I said in your other thread: If you're building this for graphics design or rendering do not cheap out on the video card, or get the wrong thing. That geforce may be decent, but it will not do you as well as the firePro or Nvidia's Quadro line down the road.

Back
Top Bottom