need some advice before making a move

it only laggs at times..... it's not a constant lagg...only laggs at certain points...like when theres a big big fire fight in COD2 when playing Online, or when a big scene comes up....or FEAR when theres a scene coming up.....but it does not lagg constantly..... but i want to be able to play and go thrugh the biggest fire fight or the biggest scene and not lagg at all.....

From what i think.....I belive 1 7900 gtx is better then 2 6800 ultras, and i will run alot less damn heat....at full load playing cod2 i run at about 70 C....

any more comments please guys

i don't know i haven't run Fraps before..... but im going to buy the 7900 GTX 512 mb anyways.....i'll just do a cpuple benchmarks and see the difference

dude u seriously dont need to waste that kinda money, 2 ultras will play anything u want, i blame it on the heat, get some zalman heatsinks and put them on those cards, also what kind of fans do u have on your case and how do u have them set up? do u have the lastest drivers for everything? what do u get in 3dmark05?

along with getting a 7900GTX, i would get 2 1GB sticks instead of 4x512MB sticks. That also causes performance loss.

gaming_freak said:
dude u seriously dont need to waste that kinda money, 2 ultras will play anything u want, i blame it on the heat, get some zalman heatsinks and put them on those cards, also what kind of fans do u have on your case and how do u have them set up? do u have the lastest drivers for everything? what do u get in 3dmark05?

But they only lag when big events are coming up, how high is the texture in the games?

Dual 6800s should get the job done. Maybe you can overclock your gpus, while adding some more fans to keep it cool. The Zalmans do a great job from what I hear. Wonder if there is any thermal paste for gpus? Lol, I dunno just some suggestions. Stick with the 6800s though, and think every possible solution before you buy that 7900 gtx.

6800Ultras are already 16/6. Get the VF900-cu from Zalman to cool those gpus and overclock them. Use AS5 for the gpu core and some thermal tape for the RAM sinks.

Back
Top Bottom