Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-28-2005, 10:46 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Need Some Advanced Networking And Computer Help

me and my mate nextdoor want to join our networks i first started looking into some AP's that support bridging... neally had a heart attack when i saw the prices for the kind of setup i wanted. So now im thinking if i build a computer up and make it into a bridge a server and download pc all in one then ill be doing prety nicely

So Specs

AMD Sempron 2800+ Socket A or Socket 754
Seagate 120GB 7200rpm
256MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz SDRAM
Gigabyte GA-7VT600-P Via KT600 ATX
Standard ATX Case And 400w ATX PSU
LG 52x32x52x CDRW
10/100/1000Mbps Network Card
54Mbit Linksys 2.4ghz PCI Wireless Card

Ok so i build that machine up and wack 2003 server on it i then setup the onboard lan to be assigned to my internet modem / router / switch.... i then setup the wireless card and the 1000mbit pci network card and assign the 1000mbit network card ect. i then right click on the wificard and the 1000mbit network card and go BRIDGE CONNECTIONS ......

now providing my nebours wireless network and pc's are all going i should be able to ping ther pc's and laptops and do filesharing... i should also be able to do TCP/IP Gaming

Correct Me If Im Wrong But This Should All Go According To Plan... Any other factors i havn't included.

Also Once Ive placed a few wireless range extenders arround my and ther house and add another AP over this side of the drive i shouldn't have any problems realting to the Wireless Bridge (Sever)

Thanks Heaps
wizzcameron is offline   Reply With Quote