Need Serious Help

gastonB1

Solid State Member
Hi im david i need some serious help with my computer whenever i go to the internet my freking computer restarts the only way im on right now is by safe networking mode which sucks cause i cant do anything but anyways is there anything or reason why my computer is doing this it is a 4500 dell dimension desktop 1.8 GHZ roadrunner internet it is a home edition XP. The only that the computer works is on safe mode but whenever i go on to normal mode or anypop ups or any connecting to the internet happens the computer reboots without promping me if any one can help your help is appreciated email me if u have a program or anything to do about my big problem.

Hmm... Strange problem. The fact that it works in safe mode suggests it could be some kind of virus or something. Do you have protection programs?

Try pressing F8 at bootup to come up with the safe mode menu, and select 'Last knwon configurations that worked' and try that.

If that doesn't, is it a problem that has suddenly started happening? If so, go to System Restore. It should mention this when it starts running in safe mode. Or go to start, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore. Take the computer back if you've allowed it to to one a few days ago or where you think the problem started happening. After it restarts, hopefully things will work fine.

Don't worry, system restore only changes settings you might have changed. It doesn't delete any files, though if you've installe programs in that time, they'll delete from the registry so they can't be ran the normal way. But other than that, you might get a working system back

Hope this helps :)

hey if anyone has got a good virus killer or anu prgram that helps my problem please post them i have free AVG and spybot S&D and AD Aware SE personal

try trendmicro.com and run housecall. Free. Also google to microsoft antispyware. Excellent program.

Back
Top Bottom