need the right tuner card and dont know what to get.....

amp27

Daemon Poster
shopping on newegg first off. and looking to get a tuner card. here is my basic goal

record tv and play back later
have a cable in
and have a video out(cable or RCA) all on the same card.

is it possible to have a video out on the tuner card... im using both outs on my video card

You won't be able to find one with a coax out. I suggest enabling your mobo's IGP and using it to interface with the TV. DVI-HDMI cables are cheap as dirt on amazon. Alternatively, you could throw in some old POS card and use it.

Are you looking to record high definition TV? If so, you will want a QAM tuner. If SD is fine, go with a regular analog one. Make sure you get one with a PCI express x1 interface. USB may seem convenient, but it lacks the bandwidth throughput to get decent picture. PCI will just look like hell.I recommend Hauppage tuners. I've had two of them and they seem to have better picture than any others I've used.

What OS are you running? Hopefully Windows 7 or XP because Vista HATES multiple video cards. If it's vista, we will have to look into alternative options.

i have got win 7 primo and a unused onboard gpu and a off board gpu

problem is will i be able to do this.. have my mom record shows and play then back all while on her side of the computer and while im logged in using my side..... will it still record shows will she not logged in.. and i do not need hd. it will be playing on her tube tv in the other room.

Define "her side of the computer." Do you mean having multiple users on one system simultaneously? This is not possible in Windows 7. The best you could do is stream the video to a POS box in her room.

The only decent way to interface with a SD CRT TV is through the 7 pin S-video port that most video cards have. I've never seen one on a desktop IGP.

i do mean while she is still logged in. and then i log in...while he video is still playing.... naww nvm, cost thats using another monitor right.

Back
Top Bottom