Need to Remove all ATI Drivers/Programs/Etc...

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Alright, so long story short, for some reason, my drivers crapped out on me on my Vista partition (Ultimate Ed., so 64-bit). I have no idea why. It worked before I tore my computer apart for Project Black Smith, but then it would only get to the Windows loading screen before completely crapping out and leaving me with my monitor flashing on and off looking for a signal. I knew it was a driver issue almost immediately since Windows XP booted fine (an older version of CCC because I don't use it much) and Windows 7 worked fine because I don't have any drivers installed over on that partition yet (and yes, this is a triple boot system). Anywho, I didn't make any changes to software before I did the build, and the only hardware I changed during it was the new power supply (sig). Anyways, I got it to boot into safe mode, so I took driver sweeper and removed all the ATI stuff. Walah. I'm in Vista right now. However, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I can neither fully uninstall or reinstall any CCC stuff. It gives me installation or removal errors and just ends. I'm wondering if there's something that will take EVERYTHING affiliated with CCC off so I can fully reinstall with the latest drivers.

Thanks guys.

Oh, cmon. Anybody?

I got it installed, but it's limiting me to 1024x768. I'm not really sure what's going on....

I've heard about a few people having problems will CCC's installation failing. Have you tried Googling the problem at all? It's not an isolated case.

How about installing solely the display driver package without CCC?

I finally got it working. I don't know what I did but I found a few more registry entries that I fixed and all of that jazz. It took about 8 hours to get it running a day or so after my previous post.

I did try google, but nothing I tried was helping with my problem. The display driver alone wasn't working either...I was getting a higher res through just windows alone with no ATI stuff installed.

But anyways, nVidia's future in my machine is looking brighter and brighter.
Thanks for poppin' by worship, to see how this was goin'!

Back
Top Bottom