Need a power supply

sniperviper21

Golden Master
Ok so im in the drawing boards stage of a new extreame high end PC.

must power a 130W CPU and 2 5970's

any ideas?

EDIT*

and a good monitor 22in+ that has a display port.

HEC isn't too bad of a company, but if you are going big, then go big or go home. I don't like that they split that PSUs 12V into so many freakin' rails. If you are CFing 2 5970, look for something a little "beefier" as far as rails go.

Also, according to the PSU calculator on NewEgg, it'll take more than a 1000W PSU to power that. Then again, I'm no PSU genius so...

I think it'll be plenty. It's the amps that matter more than the Watts.

Since it's Antec, I guarantee it'll be enough to power your new system. I'm guessing they are around 18 amps per rail. x6 = 108 - 30 amps = 78 amps which is about the max of any power supply with one rail. And those things will run any high end system you need. Even a couple of super high end graphics cards and i7, 6GB of RAM, and 4 hard drives plus some extras. It'll be fine. ;)

Since it's Antec, I guarantee it'll be enough to power your new system. I'm guessing they are around 18 amps per rail. x6 = 108 - 30 amps = 78 amps which is about the max of any power supply with one rail. And those things will run any high end system you need. Even a couple of super high end graphics cards and i7, 6GB of RAM, and 4 hard drives plus some extras. It'll be fine. ;)

each rail has 38Amps
found it on the linky i posted.

Back
Top Bottom