Need opinions on future build

If you're getting this in April...you may want to hold on the parts. 3 months is plenty of time for better stuff to be released.

Okay, well if nothing else, this is getting me more experienced in what I am looking for haha. But thanks a lot for the help, I'm gonna bookmark those parts, and when the time comes for me to actually do it, I'll start there, and hopefully upgrade whatever needs to be upgraded. Thanks a lot for the help, again =)

If you're getting this in April...you may want to hold on the parts. 3 months is plenty of time for better stuff to be released.

yup, maybe even a new cpu, MAYBE, but GPU prices will drop and most likely CPU prices. DDR3 memory prices and even Mobo Prices, basically everything if you will still be getting the thing we listed

Well, like I said, at least now I have a good idea on what I am looking for, and I'll just keep all these as a base for when I actually do get around to doing it.

I wouldnt really go with that mobo, sure it does have a lot of slots but it looks funky and personally i dont trust that company. I would go with this mobo, it looks really good and stable to me and in fact its the one im thinking about getting, plus its got a bunch of usb ports which do come in handy.

Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128358

Im glad you picked out that case, its very nice and you wont be disappointed, you will be wowed by how big that case really is.

Well you gotta think to yourself man, what will u be using your comp more for, media stuff or just gaming, you can always get both lol, keep gaming type stuff on WD because of faster speeds. If you download a lot of music and videos, that 300gb will fill up fast. I currently have a Seagate Barracuda 750gb and i do a lot of media based things, especially a lot of designing since im a designer. If you do a lot of media stuff, than go with the samsung, if not, go with the WD if you dont mind spending so much money.

if you are willing to spend that much money on a pc, you should go with the GTX 260 core 216 or the GTX 280

Core 216:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130400

280:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130365

personally i would never buy ATi cards because their driver support is not really that good.

Also that mobo i listed is LGA 775, which means you can only run the quads and some previous cpu's on it. the i7's require LGA 1366.

What are you looking for PSU(Power Supply Unit) wise ?

are you serious...? you don't "trust" DFI...? why...? please don't tell me you've never heard of them before, DFI makes very good enthusiast motherboards and that's actually a decent price on that X38 board, if you check the "sick overclock" thread, you'll see that the AMD team used....<wait for it>...a DFI LANParty 790FXB-M2RS motherboard to reach 6.5ghz and get 45,000+ on 3DMark05, at least do a little bit of research before trashing a brand that may not be considered mainstream...

Q9550 would be a lot cheaper to have considering the i7's need more expensive mobo's and such(depending on the mobo you want for the Q9550). Core 2 quads are still very nice, though the i7's are to.

What do you mean by cooling system ? if your talking about a case, i would recommend the Antec twelve hundred full tower case. All up to you of course, i personally own the antec twelve hundred and its the best case i have ever used. Its also got really good cable management, other cases do have that, some at least but not as good. The case comes with 5 120mm blue LED fans and a big 200mm fan on the top, 2 more 120mm fans are optional to put in to. One on the side near the plexy glass, and one more by the HDD bays. Everything is well built in the case to. It retails for around $200 at the moment.

Link:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129043

also may i ask what your total budget for the project will be ?

that WD HDD is nice but way to much for 300GB in my opinion. That Samsung one will be more than fine for everyday use and you have more space, once again up to you, but in my opinion, i would not spend that much money on the WD hdd, its not bad dont get me wrong, its a nice HDD, fast to, but to much.

I agree, the 300GB is too much, I would get the 150GB (which is still expensive) and use it for my OS/app drive, your gaming performance will improve with the velociraptor which is important because you seem to be focusing more on performance than price...

are you serious...? you don't "trust" DFI...? why...? please don't tell me you've never heard of them before, DFI makes very good enthusiast motherboards and that's actually a decent price on that X38 board, if you check the "sick overclock" thread, you'll see that the AMD team used....<wait for it>...a DFI LANParty 790FXB-M2RS motherboard to reach 6.5ghz and get 45,000+ on 3DMark05, at least do a little bit of research before trashing a brand that may not be considered mainstream...

I agree, the 300GB is too much, I would get the 150GB (which is still expensive) and use it for my OS/app drive, your gaming performance will improve with the velociraptor which is important because you seem to be focusing more on performance than price...

ya ive never looked into DFI so i dont know much about that company, i didnt trash them either. Trashing the company would be me saying how badly they suck, this and that. I just said I dont trust that company because ive never heard of them and their mobo looks funky, which it does because of the orange and such. I have seen them around but not talked about to much.

See the reason why i dont think you should buy the i7 Gkill is because the 4 core age is going to most likley be over with intels next cpu. I think the next one will have 6 or even 8 cores. In my opinion it would be a lot better if you just wait, but than again u have 2 more months to see what happens. Reason why you should wait is because wat if the next line of CPU's wont be sockect 1366 like the i7's, so that means you'll be wasting around $400 on the mobo and ram for an i7 cpu. This is why i suggested going with the Q9550 instead, it will come out cheaper but only time will till and 2 months is more than enough time. Im currently waiting for the next line of intels or even the one after the next to get a new cpu. Im currently running an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 which is not a bad CPU at all, slices through the things i throw at it.

Intel is not going to design a new socket when they have just recently released a new one. Plus, Intel did release 8-core processors... :rolleyes:
I don't think Intel is going to release a new micro-architecture for a good while.

Intel is not going to design a new socket when they have just recently released a new one. Plus, Intel did release 8-core processors... :rolleyes:
I don't think Intel is going to release a new micro-architecture for a good while.

is it the Atom or which one ? and is it actually released to the public

Back
Top Bottom