Need new hardware for gamin

Aoeguy

Beta member
Alright guys, I'm a total newbie. I tried installing age of empires 3 on my dell inspiron 1501 laptop today, and it's incredibly glitchy during gameplay. I don't know where to start with regard to upgrading my hardware to make the game run smoothly. Please help! Also, my computer runs vista (ew).

You can't really upgrade laptop hardware on your own, you got to take it to a pro and tell them what you want

Okay thanks. What do I tell them I want that'll make this smooth?

Let me clear this up- IS there anything I can do?

Just say you want to upgrade your graphics card, your CPU, and your ram so you can play age of empires 3

how much ram you got? the 1501 can have max of 2gb

also, the gpu is integrated sorry, that means it cant be upgraded and most laptops cant tbh. Youve probably got latest driver as the last one was released in 07, but the driver link is here anyway - Drivers & Downloads

Turn down all the graphic settings to lowest and lowest resolution in aoe3, see how fast it runs then

Gamin?

isn't that a SAT NAV?

anyway, if (as madanchi says) your laptop can only have 2GB, you should probably just get a new laptop. You can only upgrade the GPU if you upgrade the motherboard. Upgrading the mobo would also let you use more RAM, but would probably cost as much as a new laptop, labour costs included.

agreed, but replacing the mb with a new one will seem extremely difficult to someone who isnt used to that stuff, and even to general desktop hardware replacement

Back
Top Bottom