Need a New GPU! Suggestions

well, heres a list of games i play an there avg fps that FRAPS tells me

Crysis = 25fps avg (1080p)

these games i play at max at 1080, no AA because its useless at native res.
(all at 60fps)
fallout 3
prototype
silkroad
spore
Halo 2 PC
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Left 4 Dead
Bioshock
Combat Arms
HAWX
ARMA 2
UT3

and these games at 150+FPS
Guild Wars
Halo PC
sins of a solar empire

and most of those numbers are during dual monitoring and watching movies on the other monitor at 1050 res.

sure is, just ya gotta know what ur doing when OC

and just depends on if u get a Monday card or a weds card, or friday car, ya know?

my frame rate is set to 20 so if thats not high enough for you ill try higher ps anybody know a good program for recording what ever is on a computer screen my cameras broken
Thanks for all the trust im not going to edit the video

me personally, i cant even stand playing games with Vsync on lol, i feel like um being cheated out of extra FPS

my frame rate is set to 20 so if thats not high enough for you ill try higher ps anybody know a good program for recording what ever is on a computer screen my cameras broken
Thanks for all the trust im not going to edit the video

if this is what you were talking about when you said "maxed out" you are really cheating yourself, 20FPS is practically unplayable in most games for me, 30+ FPS is my minimum for gaming and even then it seems slow and not very smooth...

How long is a "Bit longer"? I would like to play games at the highest res thats possible. Thanks for the help computear, Ive learned alot in these past 2 days.

you still haven't told us your monitor's resolution, the card doesn't decide this, your monitor does, if you have a 1440x900 monitor it won't automatically increase the monitor's max resolution if you buy a card that supports 1920x1080+...

if this is what you were talking about when you said "maxed out" you are really cheating yourself, 20FPS is practically unplayable in most games for me, 30+ FPS is my minimum for gaming and even then it seems slow and not very smooth...
Yeah but you have to remember Flight Simulator isn't Battlefield 2, there isn't much you have to do, and it's not running around or anything, it's mostly slow and high frame rate isn't needed.

But if he gets 31 FPS, I'll consider it "Maxed out" Since it is Flight Simulator :)

you still haven't told us your monitor's resolution, the card doesn't decide this, your monitor does, if you have a 1440x900 monitor it won't automatically increase the monitor's max resolution if you buy a card that supports 1920x1080+...

Yep :)

ok ill try 31 fps what i mean by maxed out is that the sliders on the display setting are all the way up ill post shortly

Thanks again for all of the help, just one more question. The HD4850 needs 450W PSU and mine is a 400W Do i have to get a new PSU or.....? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom