Need motherboard recommendations

I just got a new gigabyte and there are very nice boards. But in looks, but also quality. For me, it's Gigabyte and ASUS from now on. :D

My P5QL PRO is still running well. No problems with it at all. I don't know what you're talking about with bad customer service.

My P5QL PRO is still running well. No problems with it at all. I don't know what you're talking about with bad customer service.

most of the complaints I've seen have to do with the fact that the english is a bit lacking with the customer support reps, I've had a few interactions with them and that really doesn't bother me much, so yeah, I agree that the customer service isn't really that bad...

sorry im not answering your motherboard question but my friend went on this forum and was confident that he also could run a 9600 gt on a 400W psu. plugged it in, and psu was shot. idk if it was because it was a lowend psuor what but he ordered a 650W afterwards.

sorry im not answering your motherboard question but my friend went on this forum and was confident that he also could run a 9600 gt on a 400W psu. plugged it in, and psu was shot. idk if it was because it was a lowend psuor what but he ordered a 650W afterwards.
Sounds like it was a dodgey power supply to me. The OP has a Thermaltake TR2 470W power supply which is a good quality unit. :D

I'm hoping my PSU works, if not whatever. I've got a backup to use until I can get a new one.

As for the mobo I think I'm gonna go Gigabyte. I have an Asus right now, and haven't had any complaints with it. However, I've looked around their support forums and it does seem a little lackluster, not to mention that their website is slow as hell.

Anyway thanks again to all. If anyone else wants to suggest something feel free, it'll still be a bit before I purchase it. Gotta convince my parents still :D .

clld, do you have a job? If so, tell your parents that you will pay them back for the board with your next 2 checks/ payments (depending on how much you work in a week).

Ya lol I'm 17, its just a matter of getting them to let me buy it. I buy everything myself except like clothes and that stuff.

I know a lot of people like ASUS but, after my brothers' motherboard was shot, he ordered a Gigabyte with no issues [then switched to Mac, since he said Windows sucked]. I've only had pure problems with ASUS and I've attempted to contact customer service 8 times now, only to be met with a human ONCE who said they'd call me back [never did.]

Go with the Gigabyte.

Back
Top Bottom